Sunday, December 9, 2007
Ooooh! Over at Book Binge, they're running a fun little contest for an eBookwise eReader!!
I love those ereaders and haven't been able to get one either for myself or as a gift, so I'm eager to participate in this lovely giveaway! And what do I have to do to enter? Why... simply fill out this holiday Meme! So here goes... :)
1. What is your favorite Christmas romance to re-read each year? I love Holiday Inn by Shelby Reed. She's an AWESOME writer.
2. What is your favorite Christmas movie/show? MOVIE: Scrooge with Albert Finney. It's the musical rendition of Dickens' A Christmas Carol. I still sing along each time when they sing "Thank ya very much!". TV SHOW: The Snowman, narrated by David Bowie. Oh my gosh, if you've never seen this, you should definitely check it out. There is only music with the animation, no speaking (except for narration). It's awesome.
4. When do you start Christmas shopping? Around Jan. 1. Shyeah, don't I wish!! I start usually a little after Halloween. This year, thanks to Amazon and Overstock, I'm already ahead of the game and only have a few more presents to get before the big Ho Ho Ho day!
5. Do you re-gift? Not usually, no. Unless it's something I absolutely cannot use and someone has a need for it.
6. What is your favorite Christmas song? Let is Snow... or as we say here in Louisiana, Let it Sneaux. ;)
7. When do you get your Christmas tree? A few days after Thanksgiving. It's a Fraser Fir and it's beautiful.
8. Wrapping presents: Love it or hate it? I LUUUUURRRRVE it! I'm "that girl" who always has ribbons and stickers and candies and whatever else will fit on the package. I adore wrapping. :)
9. Who is the hardest person to buy for? My Dad. I never know what he wants or will use. Last year I got him one of those big George Foreman grills and he's still raving about that. So now I have a lot of pressure this year to get him something as good... he's one of the presents I still have to buy. Eeek!
10. Christmas tree: Real or artificial? For 10 years I've had an artificial tree because of one reason... my MALE dog. (You see where I'm going with this, right?) Well now, my old boy is 11 years old and not really interested in peeing on every live plant that comes into the house... so this year we bought a real one and it's beautiful! I love it.